First day: Dressed in yellow, knee high boots, lookin fine. Met at the student bone center. Met our recruitment counselor, as well as our group numba 18! I met a few nice girls in that group. Went to 6 houses. This went from about 530-11. fuck. It was long. too long. Each house you get off the bus, the president and recruitment chair come outside and welcome you to their homes. Then all of the girls are stuffed in the doorway singing and clapping their song. scary as all hell. by the way it was freezing outside and raining most days. so fun. When inside they guided you by touching your back and leading you to their "formal" room. Then they talked. I answer the same questions at least 100 times. Talked myself up though, felt pretty good. When to DZ Delta Zeta, the Easy DZ's. I sat down- immediately knowing I don't want to live there, and my foot begins to fall asleep so I figure it will just wake up when I stand up... no my entire leg falls asleep. If you don't remember I'm wearing heels. I stand up. My foot is bent to the side and the girl asks if I'm ok. I look down, smile to myself and tell her I trip. I try not to laugh as I limp down the hallway in between lines of girls singing and clapping at me. Needless to say, I didn't get asked back.
Friday: Same long day. Went to 5 houses. Found the one I want to get a bid from. Delta Delta Delta! For simplification: Tri Delt. The day was just as long. I looked good of course :) and the day ended with going to a computer lab. The task was to pick 7 out of the 11 houses you wanted to go back and visit.
Saturday: Girls arrived in their Go Greek! shirts which is what we were required to wear. I liked this everyone seemed more equal. Then our recruitment counselor pulled each of us aside to talk about who invited us back. I was invited to 6 parties. 5 of my choice. yay! the flipside scenario could have been a crying hysterical call to my mom, which is what you could find at most tables. Went to those houses for an hour- to tour and talk about their philanthropy. That night we picked 3 we wanted to get asked back to.
Sunday: We are required to wear a dress, not black, red, or white. jeez! There is meaning behind it all. I wore a black and white dress. did the poofed hair with big earrings, lookin' classy. Went to the Bone Center and waited to talk with my recruitment counselor. More girls dropped out. I got invited to 3. 2 of my choice! The houses today were more serious. There wasn't clapping and singing like usual, we were just invited in. Today was the worst day for rain and wind, ugh! I guess some girl got splashed from a car driving by the street ahhahahh! not me! They lit candles and we talked one on one with a girl instead of 3 girls interviewing us. Then they sang in a circle and we had to take a (at different houses) a pearl, gem, and flower and wish on it then give it back. Then seniors read good bye letters. quite sad.
Monday: Bid night. I'm waiting.
All in all its terrible. The process sucks. Its pretty competetive and going into it they tell you there is a slim chance you won't get a bid. LIES! Tons of girls dropped out because people didn't ask them back. Self esteems were lowered. People were fake. I just hope I picked the right house for me! I think I did and I'm pretty sure my friends would agree. I will not be a skanky ho bag. phew. I'll still be a bitch though. My apologies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment