Saturday, August 16, 2008
My first weekend
ok! so Illinois State University I believe will treat me very well to anyone who was wondering. I suppose I will tell you just what I've been up to... Thursday I moved in- which was a well it was kind of obnoxious. I had so much shit and I thought I brought too much...I didn't I actually didn't bring enough. My family lingered, which was expected. My mom surprsingly didn't bawl her eyes just welled up. phew that was a relief. I ventured up to my room and set it up the way I want. That night I was calling it home. Around 5 or so there was a huge picnic in the quad with music and tons of free food. Bridget got her picture taken with Reggie the Redbird and we found the "G spot" which is the moving health center if you will that gives out free condoms... I grabbed some flavored ones just to taste. seriously, just to taste. I came back and met my roommate! EeeeEEe!!!! I like her very much, so far. We hang out most of the day. That night we met a few guys, Collin, Darrin, and Chris and went to the hookah lounge, which was a great new experience. After we left Meesh, my roommmate, called me and took me to an apartment with some friends she knew. The next morning we had Department meetings aka boring sessions about your major...which I don't have so I went to the undecided one and let me tell you DAMN DAMN DAMN! I now have no idea what I want to do.... ugh. Theres so many opportunities and possibilities. Later we had this huge deal that "introduced" us to ISU- pretty much old guys talked about how competitive it was to get in and how smart we are and wished us success. That night Bob H. came up from U of I and we went and chilled at Ryan's apartment and met a few other people it was pretty fun. This morning I woke up around 12 ...o yeah Meesh and I both love to sleep in and she snores...YES! We ventured off to breakfast with Bridget and Bob and then she showed Bridget where all of our classes are. We passed a huge poster sale which was da bomb! I got some sweet posters for my room they completed it. After that we went to Target to buy some more food (I'm going to gain the freshmen 15 fo sho) and Dick's to get me some new kicks. We came back and finally showered and chilled in our room and around 830 went to the movie Iron Man, which was played on the football field on big screen with everyone laying around just chilling out I went to that with Chris and Bridget. We came back to my room and ate a bunch of food of course and watched Anchorman...well I wrote that in past tense we're actually doing that right now. Everything is everything...until class starts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Im glad college is going good for you.. I started one of these blog things too to keep in touch with people and such, so I figured I would comment this and let you know what mine was!
Sounds like a good time. I'm already worrying that I'm bringing too much. But maybe I shouldn't? Also, I'm worrying that I'm going to spend waaaaay too much money. Like way too much.
Agh.
we went to dicks to get me some new kicks. HEHEHE i bet you didn't even notice :)
I'm really glad to hear you are enjoying ISU so much, and let me tell you how jealous i am that Iron Man was playing on the football field and people were just laying around, that sounds so...cool. Wow, that is just awesome.
Do you know of anyone else who has a blog? I only know of Erika, Kili, Leslie, and you... i think thats all i know so far. plz tell me if there is more. thanks girl
have fun
Speaking of new kicks from Dicks... please tell me my nikes are ar your mom or dads... lol I need them for school and forgot all about them! haha
Post a Comment